Celebrate Health this Season of Love
BY DOLLY KUMAR , DIRECTOR GAIA
Are you pondering about romantic ideas to celebrate the special Valentines’ month? But in all the celebrations, think twice if you are willing to give up on your health!
Dolly Kumar, Founder and Director at GAIA – India’s leading health and wellness brand shares various ideas to celebrate this valentines’ in a healthy way.
Love is in the air. From gorging into sugar-filled delights to going out for candle light dinners and dates, February is a month to let loose with your loved one. But in all the romance, we often tend to over-indulge without even realizing; throwing our health and fitness regime out of the gear. The sinful delicacies might be very tempting, but remember it can make you put on tonnes of calories. Since the month of February is all about love, why not shower love to your health? Celebrate this special Valentines month with your loved one with some healthy alternatives. Here are some ideas to your rescue:
- If you have plans to surprise your beloved with breakfast on bed, why not wake them up to a bowl of Crunchy Muesli – Strawberry with fresh fruits and skimmed milk? Made from rolled oats, wheat, corn flakes and honey, Gaia Crunchy Muesli Strawberry is laced with the goodness of delicious strawberries. It is high on health and is laden with nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Rich in fibre, it helps in weight management. This ideal V-Day breakfast option will keep you rolling for the day with your loved one.
- Are you looking for a better beverage option this V-Day? Instead of the unhealthy cocktails, why not opt for something healthy and refreshing? Prepare a cup of hot Green Tea – Jasmine and treat your loved one with a different and healthy brew. Gaia Green Tea – Jasmine is a beautiful blend of invigorating green tea with the alluring aroma and delicate flavour of jasmine blossoms. Bright & mellow, fresh & soothing, every sip of this magical brew transports you to a world free of chaos. Rich in antioxidants, green tea provides a myriad of health benefits like strengthening immunity, improving digestion, cleansing and detoxifying the body as well as enhancing skin health. Add to this, the benefit of the sweet fragrance of jasmine which scientific research shows has an instant calming and stress relieving effect.
- Ditch the idea of candle-light dinner on a fancy restaurant, instead win the heart of that special someone with delicious home-cooked meals with Extra Light Olive Oil. Extra Light Olive Oil is a great alternative to regular cooking oil and is ideal for cooking all kinds of cuisines. It has a subtle flavor and light texture that compliments every dish perfectly. Olive oil is known to be rich in monosaturated fat that helps reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases good cholesterol (HDL) that protects your heart. It also contains anti-oxidants that provide anti-aging benefits and help keep your skin and hair healthy.
- This season of love, why not add some sweetness to your life with some Multifloral Honey instead of opting for unhealthy sugar? Known as the honey of a thousand flowers, Multifloral Honey is the purest and healthiest form of honey available. A natural sweetener and a great alternative to chocolate and processed sugar, it adds healthy nutrients in place of empty calories to your body. Dribble some Multifloral Honey on your favourite dessert and add some healthy sweetness to your celebrations.
- The month February is also about sharing gifts with your loved one; Chocolate being the most common of all. But with so much calories a chocolate has to offer, is it really worth giving to your that special someone? Why not opt for a healthy alternative? This V-Day, gift your loved one Chocolate and Muesli Granola Bar. An ultimate snack bar, it gives your bursts of flavor in every bite. A delicious mix of rolled oats, muesli, chocolate and honey, this wholesome bar can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere.
All Gaia products are available at leading stores (Nature’s Basket, Spencer’s, Metro, Easy Day, Big Bazaar, Sabka Bazaar, Spar Hypermarket etc.) near you or you can order them online at gaiagoodhealth.com, Amazon, Grofers, Big Basket, Snapdeal, Health Kart and Nykaa.